The Friends Building is a small house located next to the main carpark. The open plan layout and access to a private deck for breakouts makes it a great space for group meetings.
A peaceful garden setting, free parking and onsite cafe are real bonus!
This venue can be booked for a maximum of 45 people.
- Up to 45 people lecture style
- 20 people in a meeting style
- 6 tables and 45 chairs
- A projector screen (bring your own laptop and data projector)
- Whiteboard (bring your own whiteboard markers)
- Heat pump
- Accessible ramp
- Kitchen: oven, hot water zip machine, microwave, fridge (plates, cutlery and cookware needs to be supplied by hiree).
Our exclusive onsite caterers, Café Miko can take the stress out of organising your event and have available a range of catering options for you.
Outside caterers are not permitted at the Gardens.
Monday - Friday: the Friends building is available to hire for a half day (8am – 12pm or 12pm – 4pm) or full day (8am – 4pm).
Weekends: the Friends building is available to hire for a full day (8am – 4pm).
View our current hire rates.
Contact the staff at the Visitor Centre Huakaiwaka 09 267 1457 to enquire about bookings. Note that due to the proximity of the buildings on site staff manage all bookings to ensure style of use will not disaffect another building user.
Read our terms and conditions for venue hire.