Be in to win some great prizes when you write a poem or short story inspired by Sculpture in the Gardens or by your day at the Gardens.
Winners will have their entries displayed in the Huakaiwaka visitor centre and on the Sculpture in the Gardens website.
Entries due by 5pm, Sunday 28 February 2016.
For queries contact staff at the Visitor Centre on (09) 267 1457 extension 1, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your writing must…
- Be inspired by the sculptures at the Auckland Botanic Gardens or by your visit here.
- Be a maximum of 500 words.
- Be written and edited by the competition entrant.
Getting it to us…
- Please state your name and contact number on your written story or poem and attach it to the completed entry form.
- Post, or deliver your entry to the Auckland Botanic Gardens by 5pm, Sunday 28 February 2016.
- Email entries can be sent with a completed entry form to email@example.com. Please note SitG Writing Competition in the subject line.
The fine print...
- Winners will be announced at the closing function of Sculpture in the Gardens on Sunday 6 March 2016.
- Winning entries, including the writers’ names, will be posted on the Sculpture in the Gardens Website and displayed within the Huakaiwaka Visitor Centre.
- Writers entering the competition agree that their entry can be reproduced in electronic and social media (Internet) and print media (newspapers, magazines, brochures, advertising material) for the purpose of promoting the Auckland Botanic Gardens and Sculpture in the Gardens. Any other proposed use will be the subject of discussion between the writer and the Auckland Botanic Gardens.
- The writers name will be printed beside, or in close proximity with their entry if reproduced.
- All care will be taken, however the Auckland Botanic Gardens will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to documents.
- Copyright ownership remains with the writer.
- Entries must not have been previously published.
- Entries will be mailed back to writers by 31 March 2016. The judge’s decision is final.
- The signed entry form is evidence of the writer’s acknowledgement of, and consent to, the enclosed terms and conditions.
- A parental signature is required for under 16 year olds.
Download an entry form (PDF 734KB).